Winter 2016 reflections thread

• The chilly Winter anime season is slowly coming to a close. I'd like this thread to be a general overview of what we watched with a few thoughts to go along.

• What did you watch this Winter season?
    • What series have managed to impress you the most?
    • What series have you begrudgingly dropped?
    • How do you think this anime season stacks up to previous seasons overall?

Just a couple of questions to get us started. :)

• Overlord

Series I've seen 1 episode and dropped:

• Koukaku no Pandora - nekomimi robot
    • Musaigen no Phantom World - how to avoid the boobs handicap when doing limbo dance
    • Active Raid - power suits that run out of power
    • Bubuki Buranki - looked acceptable for full 3D CGI but come on, why so retarded
    • Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R

Series I've seen a few episodes and dropped

• Dagashi Kashi - retarded purple hair
    • Divine Gate - hey I've got superpowers and I'm emo
    • Phantasy Star Online 2
    • Luck and Logic - stupid
    • Schwarzesmarken
    • Seijaku Muhai no Bahamut - was fun as long as it was focusing on the dark and mysterious pasts of the girls, then it turned into a boring harem
    • Akagami no Shirayuki-hime - bad pacing

Series I've finished

• Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm
    • Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
    • Dimension W
    • Gate
    • Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
    • Haruchika
    • Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
    • Niji-iro Days
    • Prince of Stride
    • Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu
    • Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

The undisputed best show of the season for me was Boku Dake ga Inai Machi. It's on top because of a great story, great pacing, awesome characters, mystery and thriller elements.

Second is Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. Awesome series overall but it's a drama and I can't put it ahead because of my personal preference for some action.

Third is Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo. Refreshing comedy, lot's of unique stuff, not just cliches.

Gate, Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm and Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu were all a great watch.

The rest was watchable.

A decent season overall. Much, much better than the previous one.

• I finally got to the end of last season. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu was the most innovative, most intriguing show. I'm glad that we're getting a second season (Konatsu has the sexiest voice ever <3) Boku Dake ga Inai Machi was good popcorn entertainment. If nothing else it was entertaining to discuss who the killer was, even though it was kind of obvious. GATE, while badly produced, was entertaining as always. Also, what's up with Bozes and Beefeater hooking up with JSDF buzzheads?! Fucking military propaganda.

I dropped Dagashi Kashi midway. It was entertaining, but kind of repeating itself too much. And I regret not watching KonoSuba, I heard good things about it. Maybe I'll watch it before it starts its second season. As for the one show that I really wanted to hate on, Musaigen no Phantom World was so bad even Kyoto Animation apologists disowned it. The gloating is real. :D

All in all, it was a much better season than the season before it. This Spring season is looking like it'll have many above average shows, but I haven't seen any as great as Shouwa just yet.

Looks like your connection to Akazukin.moe was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.